Why having an SEO Program is critical to the success of your marine business?
Incorporating and maintaining a robust Search Engine Optimization (SEO) program is vital to the success of your marine business. Not only will you rank better in the search engine results and gain organic traffic to your website but ultimately convert leads to customers and bookings.
What is SEO and how will it help your marine business grow?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of growing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to “searchers” who are looking for your service. SEO improves the unpaid website traffic results (a.k.a. “organic” results) and excludes direct traffic/visitors and online paid advertisement tactics (PPC, SMM, etc..). There are two different types of effective SEO:
- Onsite SEO involves optimizing a website by adding keywords, editing or adding content to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and remove barriers so that search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. can accurately “read” and therefore “rank and show” your website to “searchers” via the search result lists.
- Offsite SEO is the act of promoting a website by increasing the number of backlinks and/or inbound links. Having these links present on 3rd party channels will allow for more potential leads to “find” your business, visit your website and convert. There are several types of content we can develop and promote as part of your offsite SEO tactics to help promote your website and marine business, some of them include:
- Writing fishing reports or blog posts
- Posting to Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Promote your existing content
- Engage consistently on social media
- Take part in podcasts
- Create and distribute press releases
Through search engine optimization (SEO)-focused efforts, you can bait the right buyers with the right offering at the right time. You’re essentially trying to get in front of potential customers who are in search of your services. Luring an audience in today’s digital landscape is a lot like fishing: you know better than to just drop in your line and hope for the best. Instead, you pick the right strategies and equip yourself with the right gear. When you’re managing your SEO strategies successfully, you’re able to effectively catch quality leads and convert them to sales.
We’re happy to help determine how well your business is showing up online and are currently offering a FREE SEO AUDIT. Make sure your marine business can be found by those who are searching online for your services! Fill out the form below for your FREE SEO AUDIT today!