One of the biggest questions we here are Charternet, especially when it comes to websites and updates, is “how do you know my website needs to be redesigned?”
There are a number of things that come to mind for me that are the tell-tale warning signs a website needs to be updated. Almost daily, our team is looking at what Google, Yahoo, and Bing are requiring of websites to rank well on their search engines; we are looking into the latest technologies to give your potential customers the best experience.
However, we know that sometimes you want to do the legwork yourself. In today’s post, we are going to give you 5 warning signs that your website is hurting your business and in need of a redesign. Obviously, there are some gimmes: age is definitely one of those. If it’s been 5 or more years since your last website update then it’s probably time to at least consider it. With that said, age is not the end-all, be-all when deciding to redesign.
5 warning signs you need to update your website:
- Mobile-friendly? Responsive? We have talked about this at length on our blogs. If you aren’t mobile friendly and responsive – it’s time for a redesign! Make sure you read THIS POST!
- Is business booming? Or is it slowing down? Steady? If it is slowing (and not due to off-season), that is an indicator that customers are going elsewhere!
- Does my website align with my current offerings? This is a big one. Most customers who designed their site 10 years ago had information on their site that wasn’t relevant to what the offer now. READ THIS POST to see what we mean.
- Are you listed on Google, Yahoo, and Bing? The modern content management systems (CMS) that we use allow our marketing team to integrate Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) into a new website, ensuring new sites get the best possible start (or restart) on all search engines. It is likely that if your site is older than 5 years old (and you haven’t had anyone managing your search engine rankings, your old site hasn’t been set up for SEO, uses outdated tech and strategies, and/or just poor site architecture, Google will find it difficult to index and, as a result, it won’t understand where your site should be listed. These are problems that plague older websites and will prevent you from reaching your ranking and marketing goals.
- Are you proud to share your website with potential customers? If you would rather just have potential customers call you then market your website, then that is a huge red flag. Your website should make your life easier, make marketing your business easier, make converting clients easier, and growing your business easier.
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, then your current website is hurting your business instead of working for you. Naturally, some of these questions are more straight forward than others. Others rely on simple tests, others depend on data, and some are based entirely on subjective opinion. But all of these indicate your website is some level of broken and needs to be fixed, and the fix is almost always a redesign.
Interested in increasing traffic to your site? Time to modernize your site and deliver the right 1st impression? At Charternet Web Solutions we deliver sites that offer easy navigation, making the redesigned websites both human and search engine friendly. We take pride in offering responsive design, a necessity for businesses to connect effectively to the smartphones and devices that are quickly replacing the desktop/laptop. Fill out the form below and our team will get in touch to discuss your needs: