In 2007, there were about 1 million mobile websites, and the number is supposed to reach 150 million by 2017. The internet started on the PC but with more than 3 billion mobile phones being used world wide, we are soon approaching a time when many people’s first internet experience will be through a mobile device. These rapid changes have left the business world with no choice other than to adapt to them. With mobile devices taking over the place of the PC, not having a mobile friendly website is forcing your business to fail. People want information and services, and they want them fast.
Why You Should Have a Mobile Friendly Site
- Rise of the smart phones: Smartphones have become more and more affordable over the past few years. Almost everyone is looking to buy one or already has one (or more) that they use on a daily basis. Since the sale of smart phones is ever increasing, it only makes sense for companies to have a site that can be easily browsed through on these devices.
- Popularity of mobile internet: According to studies, about 40% of the people who have a mobile phone use it for going online, and half of them will go online at least once every day. This presents a huge opportunity.
- Use of GPS: GPS is a very useful technology. It is used by many mobile users to find out necessary things or directions. They also use it to find nearby services or businesses. If there is no mobile site available for your business then you are potentially losing a customer right in your own area.
- Don’t get beaten by competition: People love to browse while traveling. However, when they find that sites that they normally used at their PCs are not mobile compatible, they might end up switching to a site which provides similar services and is mobile compatible as well.
- SEO: Having a mobile friendly website also helps in SEO as it helps improve rankings on mobile friendly search engines such as Google or Yahoo.
- Better user experience: Having a website that is easily to read – meaning all content adjusts to the device – means your potential customers are getting all the information they need, without having to take much effort. This increases a company’s conversion rates higher than 55%,
- In 2014, 26 million people booked their travel using their mobile device. This, more than anything else, should be a clear indication for you to start working on optimizing your site and making it responsive to all devices.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are numerous reasons for you to have a responsive site. Smartphones are the device of choice for many people today, and you want to be accessible to them. People use mobiles for browsing because they want to save time. Your website is the first source of information your target audience looks for when researching your services, so don’t risk it – make sure it mirrors just who you are. By combining almost two decades of experience in the marine industry and knowledge of the latest in website design, Charternet Web Solutions has been converting customer’s websites into gold mines. Be it a fishing charter, yacht charter broker or an e-Commerce product website, our team will come up with an excellent layout that reels in your visitors, inspires interactions and ultimately drives new sales. Contact us and lets get started!