These days, your next customer’s first interaction with your business is traditionally your website. Understanding that – you know you must make a great first impression. If you haven’t overhauled your site in the last 3-5 years there are three key elements you should consider as you consider a redesign of your website.
- You aren’t getting the results you want.
Your website exists to build your customer base – plan and simple. If you aren’t happy with your results, not enough website traffic, lack of inquiries/bookings, no social media presence or simply to many days on the docks, it’s time to redesign. Your site should convey the on the water experience your potential clients are going to get, be easy to navigate, and reel the customer in!
- Your website just doesn’t work. Or not at the level that is expected today!
This might seem obvious, but you’ve probably stumbled on websites every now and then that are dysfunctional, to put it mildly. Functionality should be a paramount focus for you — if it’s not, your traffic and efforts to grow your customer base will suffer. Look at your website from a customer standpoint versus through your eyes (the experienced angler, yacht broker, water enthusiast). You want to drive your potential client to know what to expect:
- Who will I be fishing with? Prominently display images of your captains and deck hands!
- What type of boat will I be on? We know you are proud of your boat show it off on your site!
- What will I catch? Images of recent catches or even a graphics of what you can expect to fish at certain time of the year
- Just when can I get on the water? Allow 24/7 access to book a trip with an online booking calendar.
- What kind of fun can I expect at this price? Be certain to display rates because your competitors are but do so with confidence – anchor your pricing list right next to a short video of the recent amazing catch!
- Your site isn’t responsive.
More than 60% of all web traffic comes from mobile devices. If your site isn’t responsive chances are you’re losing customers and MONEY. Google is on a mission to deliver the best mobile experience to their users. Therefore your site must be mobile friendly if you want Google to rank your site. Not sure if you are mobile friendly? Run this 30 second test: Google Mobile Friendly Test
Identifying with one of the three scenarios above shouldn’t cause you to go into panic mode but simply keeping doing your research! At Charternet Web Solutions, we can help navigate these top 3 questions and a whole lot more that will help you make the best financial decision for your business when considering a redesign. Contact us today for a free site evaluation and get the following questions answered:
- Are your current business goals and strategies consistent with your website?
- Is your website mobile friendly and responsive?
- Have you eliminated all broken links and/or typos from your website?
- Is your website’s appearance clean and simple?
- Does your website display properly in all the web browsers?
- Does your website have a low visitor bounce rate (i.e. visitors click to your website and do not leave immediately from the first landing page)?
- Does your website rank on page one of Google?
- Is your website updated regularly with blogs, fishing reports, news, videos, and customer testimonials?
Contact us today and let’s get started!